Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 3, 2008

First post- Hi

First post for my blog that is focused on my photography, it will be used to show some of my photos that I like (and I hope you like too). I this blog will focus on the creative process, if any, involed with the photo, and try to explain how the photo was taken and intent of the photo.

Lets begin shall we,
here is a photo I took of my daughter Lindsey at her swim meet in Morehead City, NC on June 22, 2008. I used my Canon Digital Rebel XT, with a Sigma 70-300mm zoom lens.

Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/10
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 400

IMG_4891

With this photo there was some trial and error with catching different parts of the swimming stroke to see what looked best, this photo gave the best motion while still being able to identify the swimmer. I have been trying my hand at sports action shots for some time, but never in any serious way. I have made a goal of getting action shots that kids and parents would like for the members of Lindsey's swim team, and my best chance to do this is during the summer when the team swims outside, so I have a few months left.

1 comment:

  1. Cameron, your photos are the BOMB baby! You have such mad skilz duuude.

    Love,
    Shakey

    ReplyDelete